The /audio/encode Robot
We offer a variety of features to reduce audio size while maintaining quality, as well as add effects like loops or watermarks.
/audio/encode Robot converts audio files into all kinds of formats for you. We provide encoding presets for the most common formats.
||(required) String / Array of Strings||
GeneralSpecifies which Step(s) to use as the input to this Robot.
Special Step namesA special Step name is
Providing several Steps as inputYou can add arrays to
Step bundlingSome Robots can gather several Step results for a single invocation. For example, the /file/compress Robot would normally create one Zip file for each file passed to it. If you'd set
This is a crucial parameter for the /video/adaptive Robot, otherwise you'll generate 1 playlist for each viewing quality.
Keep in mind that all input Steps must be present in your Template. If one of them is missing, no result is generated because the Robot waits indefinitely for all input Steps to be finished.
Group by originalSticking with the /file/compress Robot example, you can set
DemoSee a demo for the
||Performs conversion using pre-configured settings.
If you specify your own FFmpeg parameters using the Robot's
||Integer||Auto||Bit rate of the resulting audio file, in bits per second. If not specified will default to the bit rate of the input audio file|
||Integer||Auto||Sample rate of the resulting audio file, in Hertz. If not specified will default to the sample rate of the input audio file|
Our /audio/encode Robot can be used in combination with other Robots, to create powerful workflows unique to your use case. Here are a few example scenarios that you can try live on our website:
- High-quality FLAC encoding
- High-quality MP3 encoding
- Encode to OGG with custom FFmpeg parameters
- Encoding with a specific bit rate
- Downmix multiple audio channels into one
- Extract a 10 second clip from audio
Blog posts about the /audio/encode Robot
We wrote the following posts about the /audio/encode Robot on our blog:
- How Transloadit helps to keep the records spinning at Promo Push November 17, 2016
- Adding support for MPEG-Dash October 11, 2016
- Upgrading Encoding Engines July 31, 2015
- Helping Coursera Bring Education to Millions Around the World February 11, 2015
- Adding Support for Audio Encoding November 21, 2011
Did you know?
You can easily combine Robots to create powerful workflows, unique to your business.
This is the power of Transloadit.