Transloadit can handle file uploads by your users, but we can also import large media libraries that already exist. Just point us to the source, and we start encoding the files, saving the results back to the original storage solution, or a completely different one. You decide. Transloadit's versatility at its best.
At Transloadit we call our features Robots because you can put them to work together to create encoding pipelines unique to your use case.
Imports whole libraries of files from your ftp servers into transloadit. no public key authentication is required. this robot relies on password access.
Imports any file that is publicly available via a web url into transloadit
Imports whole directories of files from your s3 bucket.
Imports whole libraries of files from your sftp servers into transloadit. this robot relies on public key authentication
Example use cases
See our features in action with some live demos and code samples right here on our website:
- Import files from your FTP server
- Import files over HTTP
- Import a specific file from S3
- Import an entire folder of files from S3
- Import an entire folder of files from your SFTP Server
Related blog posts
Over the years we wrote the following posts about File importing on our blog:
- Helping Coursera Bring Education to Millions Around the World February 11, 2015
- Introducing the new /ftp/import Robot March 6, 2014
- Introducing Our New /sftp/import Robot October 30, 2012
- Two Small Feature Updates February 11, 2012
- Adding Support for Audio Encoding November 21, 2011