- Services ›
File compression allows users create single, often smaller files, or many original input files. Supporting a wide variety of compression algorithms and formats, Transloadit is able to both archive and extract entire media libraries. Combine this with our encoding and exporting capabilities, and you get a very powerful file processing pipeline.
At Transloadit we call our features Robots because you can put them to work together to create encoding pipelines unique to your use case.
/file/compresscreates archives of files or file conversion results
/file/decompressextracts entire archives of files to be consumed by other Robots or exported as individual files
See our features in action with some live demos and code samples right here on our website:
- Create a gzipped tar archive containing multiple result files
- Create a Zip file for each uploaded file
- Create a single Zip file containing all uploaded files
- Extract all images from an archive and resize them
- Automatically extract all files from an archive
Blog posts about File Compressing
Over the years we wrote the following posts about File Compressing on our blog: