We are happy to announce the release of our new /file/filter Robot that allows you to filter incoming files based on all of the file's metadata, and more.
To use it, you will have to set up conditions that would either accept or ignore files. You can specify whether you want the whole Assembly to stop when a file is declined, or whether the file should just be silently ignored and not passed onto the next Assembly Steps. You can also provide your own error message that can be shown to your users in case one of their files is declined.
To give you an idea, here are a few of the new possibilities that this Robot brings:
- Error out if a user submits a video file and you only want to accept images
- Ignore files that are smaller than 1KB, but do not error out
- Only accept videos and images, and ignore all other file types (even for storing the original uploaded files on S3)
- Ignore all audio files that have a bit rate lower than 64K
- Do not accept video files that are larger than 20MB or longer than 5 minutes.
- And many more!
The API should be straightforward. If you need to handle very complex scenarios, you can chain several /file/filter Assembly Steps together.
Share your Transloadit project to earn $300
We love seeing how our community uses Transloadit. Tweet @transloadit to get your proposal approved, share what you’ve built in the form of a blog post or a tutorial on your website, and earn a $300 Gift certificate of your choice as well as a full year of the Startup Plan, at no cost after you publish.
Follow us on Twitter:Follow @transloadit
We're SO STOKED to announce the Transloadit Community Plan! 🎉🎉🎉 Unlimited uploading, importing and exporting, 5GB of encoding/month, and access to 50 different file conversion features for all.— 🤖 Transloadit (@transloadit) July 2, 2020
Best part? It's free. Forever. 🤑 Find out more https://t.co/zXWLi3Xa0G pic.twitter.com/DlY5xz1mPG