We are happy to announce the release of our new /file/filter robot that allows you to filter incoming files based on all of the file's meta data, and more.
To use it you set up conditions that would either accept files or ignore files. You can specify if you want the whole Assembly to stop if a file is declined or if the file should just be silently ignored and not passed onto the next Assembly Steps. You can also provide your own error message that your users would see if one of their files is declined.
To give you an idea, please think of the new possibilities that were impossible or very hard to do before:
- Error out if a user submits a video file and you only want to accept images
- Ignore files that are smaller than 1KB, but do not error out
- Only accept videos and images, and ignore all other file types (even for storing the original uploaded files on S3)
- Ignore all audio files that have a bit rate less than 64K
- Do not accept videos that are bigger than 20MB or longer than 5 minutes.
- .. and many more
The API should be straightforward. If you need to handle very complex scenarios you can chain several /file/filter Assembly Steps together.