At Transloadit we're passionate about growing a service, and making a huge dent with a small team. We're all engineers and in it for the love of the game. We're more interested in doing things right than cutting corners for quick pay-off.
Hence our code is not done until it's tested & refactored. Our support is not done until the customer is happy. This attitude has allowed us to build a reliable service that's fun to use and work on. It has allowed us to grow a loyal customer base without having done sales or marketing yet. In 2012 we became ramen profitable and since then we've quadrupled in size.
We have a job opening for a US-based support engineer to help us with communication, sysadmin, and support tasks. Since we're Berlin-based, you'll be our US representative. This means overseeing operations as Europe goes to bed, going to meetups, and brushing up the language of our docs, website, etc. In a way, you'll be the voice of Transloadit.
Things We Are Looking For
- Based in US, native English speaker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly / optimistic attitude
- Intrinsic motivation to make customers (also developers) happy
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu) and command-line tools
- Experience with Git(Hub)
- Open source enthusiast
- Available for 10-20 hours a week
- Preferably on freelance/invoice basis, but we can negotiate a fixed hour/month arrangement that works well for you
Things That Would Be Nice
- Experience with CoffeeScript, Go, MySQL, Redis, (Cake)PHP, Amazon Web Services, FFmpeg, ImageMagick.
- Experience with AdWords
- Experience with Transloadit, or similar services
Things You Will Do
- Helping users with integration and answer questions on our private and public support forum
- Help customers debug issues
- Investigating FFmpeg issues on the command line
- Brushing up the language of our docs, website, etc.
- Write the tools to make all of this easier
- Develop/maintain satellite projects such as our SDKs, open source projects, and website
- Spread the love, going to meetups
- Be available for PagerDuty shifts
Things We Are Offering
- Friendly & informal atmosphere
- Working directly with the founders to figure out what Transloadit's next level is, and how we can take her there
- Work remotely (we use Skype, email, Slack, GitHub to communicate on a daily basis)
- Freedom to expand on tasks that you are (or want to become) good at
- Freedom to work on your own proposals
- Freedom to be flexible with your hours
- A chance to learn a great deal about Node.js, Go, encoding stacks, databases, operating systems, scaling 500 servers on EC2
- Good pay
- Trips! We're based in Amsterdam & Berlin and will meet a couple of times a year to have a few drinks, discuss the future, get to know each other better. We also sponsor & attend a lot of developer conferences.
We estimate this is not a full-time job, so you're free to combine it with current engagements. We're open to be proven wrong though» Thanks for your interest, but this vacancy has been filled.
Share your Transloadit project to earn $300
We love seeing how our community uses Transloadit. Tweet @transloadit to get your proposal approved, share what you’ve built in the form of a blog post or a tutorial on your website, and earn a $300 Gift certificate of your choice as well as a full year of the Startup Plan, at no cost after you publish.
Follow us on Twitter:Follow @transloadit
We're SO STOKED to announce the Transloadit Community Plan! 🎉🎉🎉 Unlimited uploading, importing and exporting, 5GB of encoding/month, and access to 50 different file conversion features for all.— 🤖 Transloadit (@transloadit) July 2, 2020
Best part? It's free. Forever. 🤑 Find out more https://t.co/zXWLi3Xa0G pic.twitter.com/DlY5xz1mPG