Today, we would like to announce a few changes to our API, as well as a brand new version of our jQuery SDK:

  • We have removed the calc_md5_hash parameter from all Robots and the calc_md5_hash_for_uploads parameter from the general API params. Please remove them from your Templates and params, as they no longer have any effect.

Instead, we are now calculating the MD5-hash for all uploads and all conversion results by default! We have also added a new Assembly Variable called ${file.original_md5hash}, which tracks the MD5-hash of the original uploaded or imported file of which the file you are looking at is a descendant.

You can use these MD5-hashes to track duplicate file uploads.

  • Files that are imported through the /http/import Robot now track the import_url in their metadata. This makes it easier for you to map conversion results back to the original imported file.

  • We have released version 2.3.0 of our jQuery SDK, which contains a few fixes and improvements. For example, progress bars can no longer exceed the 100% mark if you also load Twitter-Bootstrap's CSS. Furthermore, we have fixed the majority of connection errors to API endpoints, which were occurring from time to time.

By the way, we are also going to introduce a new development SDK and support for HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) very soon in two separate posts, so please stay tuned!

Have a great weekend everybody!