Import files from Webservers
We are happy to import from whatever storage solution suits you best.
The /http/import Robot imports any file that is publicly available via a web URL into Transloadit.
What can I do with this?
Our /http/import Robot can be used in combination with other Robots, to create powerful workflows unique to your use case. For inspiration, here is an example scenario, with explanations and code for all platforms, that you can also try live on our website:
And many more:
- Add an empty audio track to still video
- Add watermark to a song
- Concatenate two audio files
- Concatenate video files
- Copy files from Webservers to Amazon S3
- Generate a slideshow from a series of images
- Generate a video from an image sequence
- Insert an ad into a video at a specific time
- Insert cover art into an audio file
- Merge an audio and a video file
- Merge an audio file and an image to generate a video
This Robot supports parameters such as
to influence its behavior. Read all about the technical details in its docs.
We wrote the following posts about the /http/import Robot on our blog:
Transloadit is a SaaS with a subscription model.
You can change plans at any time. More info and available plans on our Pricing page.
Don’t just take our word for it
“I'm not usually one for fanboy-ism but Transloadit is one service I would recommend without hesitation. Their product and customer support is outstanding.”Dave Perrett, CTO at Shuttlerock
“Having a solution for both uploading and transcoding has been a godsend for the current scale that we are at five years after first choosing Transloadit.”Jon Wong, Engineer at Coursera
“Using Transloadit saves development and maintenance. Being able to focus on our product instead of reinventing the wheel cannot be understated.”Matt Sumner, Developer at thoughtbot