Specify multiple encoding Steps for a single file
Our Assembly Instructions syntax permits very flexible encoding Templates.
One common use case is to encode a video into several formats, extract thumbnails from the original uploaded file and resize these thumbnails again.
If you leverage the
use parameter to tell your robots which results of which step they should use, this becomes quite easy. See below for yourself.
use parameter can take the value of an encoding Step, the value
:original in which case it will use the originally upload file(s), or an array of encoding Steps.
export step in the Template to see how flexible this parameter is.
This demo uses:
- Our /video/encode Robot, which encodes, resizes, applies watermarks to videos and animated GIFs
- Our /video/thumbs Robot, which extracts any number of images from videos for use as previews
- Our /image/resize Robot, which resizes, crops, changes colorization, rotation, and applies text and watermarks to images
- Our /s3/store Robot, which exports encoding results to Amazon S3
This demo uses
:original, a magic word indicating uploads that were received by Transloadit.
So many ways to integrate
Transloadit is a service for companies with developers. As a developer, there's many ways you can put us to good use.
- Bulk imports — Add one of our import Robots to acquire the input and encode massive libraries
- Handling uploads — We invented tus and are experts at handling uploads
- Front-end integration — We integrate with webbrowsers via our next-gen file uploader Uppy and SDKs for Android and iOS
- Backend-end integration — Send us batch jobs in any server language using one of our SDKs or directly interfacing with our REST API
— Configure a
notify_urlto let your server receive transcoding results JSON in the
Try it out
To run this demo, please upload a video. Maximum size for all demos is 100MB.