The /video/encode Robot
We offer a variety of video encoding features like optimizing for different devices, merging, injecting ads, changing audio tracks, or adding company logos.
/video/encode Robot encodes, resizes, applies watermarks to videos and animated GIFs.
||Converts a video according to pre-configured settings.
For a list of video presets, see video presets.
If you specify your own FFmpeg parameters using the Robot's and/or do not not want Transloadit to set any encoding setting, starting
||Width of the input video||Width of the new video, in pixels.|
||Height of the input video||Height of the new video, in pixels.|
||See the available resize strategies.|
||The background color of the resulting video the "rrggbbaa" format (red, green, blue, alpha) when used with the
||Integer||Auto||Forces the video to be rotated by the specified degree integer. Currently, only multiples of 90 are supported. We automatically correct the orientation of many videos when the orientation is provided by the camera. This option is only useful for videos requiring rotation because it was not detected by the camera. If you set
||Enables hinting for mp4 files, for RTP/RTSP streaming.|
||Speeds up encoding greatly, especially for large non-adaptive workloads. Now in public beta.|
Our /video/encode Robot can be used in combination with other Robots, to create powerful workflows unique to your use case. Here are a few example scenarios that you can try live on our website:
- Overlay videos with dynamic artwork, generated with HTML & JS
- Export a video to YouTube
- Encode a video, extract 8 thumbnails and store everything in an S3 bucket
- Automatically decompress uploaded archives
- Reject videos that do not have an audio track
- Specify multiple encoding Steps for a single file
- Automatically process multiple file types
- Segment video files and create a playlist
- Make video compatible for all devices
- Concatenate video files
- Encode video for Android, preserving the original quality
- Encode video for Android
- Encode video for browsers in 720p
- Encode video for iPad Air 2
- Encode video for iPhone and strip the sound
- Encode a video into WebM
- Encode video to HEVC
- Extract a 10 second clip from a video
- Extract 10 thumbnails and modify their size
- Extract audio from video files
- Implement HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Implement MPEG-Dash using Transloadit
- Surround a video with a frame using a watermark
- Join multiple videos sharing one audio track
- Optimize videos for iPad
- Apply a watermark to videos
Blog posts about our /video/encode Robot
We wrote the following posts about our /video/encode Robot on our blog:
- The importance of a watermark: new watermark parameters February 20, 2019
- Adding support for MPEG-Dash October 11, 2016
- Happy 2016 from Transloadit December 31, 2015
- Upgrading Encoding Engines July 31, 2015
- Helping Coursera Bring Education to Millions Around the World February 11, 2015
- Adding Support for Audio Encoding November 21, 2011
- We Have Added Support for WebM April 27, 2011
- Real-Time Encoding - Over 150x Faster December 20, 2010
- Auto Rotation for Iphone Videos November 19, 2010
Did you know?
You can easily combine Robots to create powerful workflows, unique to your business.
This is the power of Transloadit.